Friday, February 1, 2008

Done and Done!

So I'm participating in this really fun Blog where you knit at least one pair of socks every month and post them. SAM5. My January socks were OK, but I set a goal for myself of spinning the yarn for my February socks. I'm a very new spinner still, but I did it!

Mind you I bought white Suffolk Wool for $5/8 oz from someone clearing out her old roving. I dyed it myself (you can see the pile of dyed roving here) and I have finished spinning just about half of it.

Welp the socks are all knitted now too and I am totally in love with them! I know the striping doesn't match, but this was my first time. I have another batch of yarn for socks all spun, but next time I will try to make the striping match.

Anyhow, what do ya think? The pattern is waving lace by Evelyn Clark, and I'm keeping them.


The Chief took the photo and I said "try and make it look artistic." Now he IS artistic, but he was funny. He took a look at me and said, it's two socks and our couch. How artistic could I possibly make it?"

Man has a point.

3 comments:

  1. omg. i am attempting to spin the yarn i will use for my march socks...i hope my stuff ends up even HALF as good as yours did!! wow! great job, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely socks! Even more special as you dyed and spun the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your "fraternal" socks. Most of the time I just knit the yarn as it comes out of the skein for the second sock. With all the same colors on both it's a close enough match for me. I also like your Mystic Waters. Gotta get busy on doing one myself.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!