Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well far be it from me. . . .

to let inquiring minds go unsatisfied. My spinning post about Mystic Waters got a comment with a question.

Gammy aka Peggy said...
WOW, that spun silk is gorgeous. Are you going to ply it with something else or another spindle? How many ounces do you have? Enquiring minds you know.


Well, Peggy, you inquisitive and presumably lovely young lady, I'm glad you asked. The short answer is: I dunno yet. I am toying with the idea of plying with a red, silky shiny embroidery thread (because let's face it, in Bam's world you just can't be too shiny or sparkly), but haven't made up my mind yet. Also, thank you for the lovely compliment. I am half tempted to just leave it spun up on the bobbin forever because it really has a lovely sheen. I have 8 ounces dyed, but I have only spun about half right now. Unless I am gravely mistaken, I will need 650 m and I do believe I am there by now. Peggy, I suspect you will know what I'm talking about when I say that I just like to fondle the spun yarn on the bobbin. If you are the Peggy of knittingandspinningwithewe fame, hey how crazy is it that I left you a comment yesterday and you left me one too? Is life nuts or what? But I digress.

Now that begs a question from me. Do I just keep spinning and assume I will find something to do with the rest? (Ice Queen springs to mind although I have enough yarn in the stash for the whole friggin royal court in ice right now) or maybe figure I'll ply the rest and do something completely different with it? The silk has like zero stretch, so what will I do with the rest? Contest prize it off like I did with the red silk hanky I spun up and enclosed with a prize (you can see it here)

My goodness I'm indecisive today. Perhaps its the whole "third snow day off of school in two weeks" thing. Number five and I tried to go get chili dogs for lunch and my car was frozen shut. What the!? Poor guy had to settle for sloppy joes.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I dunno what all those knitting words mean, but lol @ your car being frozen shut. I hate when that happens! Another Q for yew: That's a GREAT pic on your banner. Is that really your lake? It looks like the freakin' ocean!

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!