Thursday, July 31, 2008

On The Needles today (and the wheel too)

My allergies have been very uncomfy the last few days and I haven't slept as much as I needed to, so I am not very interesting. Since I'm not interesting, I thought I'd just go ahead and show you what I'm up to.

I'm spinning some Suffolk sock yarn. I now Suffolk isn't normally a very popular spinning fiber, but it makes some really nice hard wearing socks.
CIMG0818
It's the sherbet color I talked about a week or so ago.

Here is one finished (plain two by two rib with a fleegle heel) and one on the needles. It's made from panda wool I dyed, but I will not be using this as a base for my sock yarns. I don't like how it takes the dye even though these turned out pretty (i think). If I can't predict how the dye will take, I can't use it right?
CIMG0816

There again is my $1 Shipshawana flea market sock bag. Love that thing!

I also finished one fingerless glove yesterday and have one to go
CIMG0817
I have about half the yarn tails to weave in (I always stop after I do the index finger and thumb, weave in ends and then finish so I have fewer at the end). Anywho, that's what I have going, but once I finish either a sock or the other glove, I will start the swallowtail. I have been really excited to start it but wanted to get one or both of these done first (I know shut up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!