Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You Can Only Have This Many Confessions if You Do A Lot of Stuff Wrong

I have to get one thing out of the way: Sorry, 00. About the guilt from last night I mean.

Now for the confession: Up until yesterday, I had never done stranded colorwork. I've basically only done single color stuff unless it was just full stripes. Know what I mean? Anyway, yesterday I watched the video on it at Knitting Help dot com.

Then I did this!
CIMG0813

It's a modified version of We Call Them Pirates for number 5. Knit out of black fingering weight alpaca. The contrast yarn is some unidentified white yarn from my stash and it's actually a tiny bit thicker than the black. I don't mind that, because it makes the white look raised a tiny bit which is cool. My floats in back could have been slightly looser, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.

So, before you ask, yes, that is a tattoo on my hand, yes it is my wedding ring. It is a Kanji that means Queen. The Chief has one as well, but his means Emperor. The best part is that mine actually has two meanings. When it goes with his, it means Queen, but when it's alone it means behind. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in on this, but my understanding is that the Queen would be "the one behind the King" so that's why? I dunno please enlighten me if that is correct.

Soooooooo, I promised not to knit on anything new until I finished Wicked, oh yes, Wicked is FINI! Well kinda. I still have to block and weave in ends so it looks all unblocked in the photo, but the knitting is done!

Did I mention I finished the knitting on Wicked!!??
CIMG0815

Oh and I finished two ounces of that Merino blended with firestar. I think I'm going to do a Snow Queen out of it with some chartreuse beads. I should get it cast on soon so I'll show ya. Oh yeah and the socks. I still haven't even finished the first one, but I am very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!