Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gaze Upon My Virtuousness! (Or whatever you call it)

I'm blocking something!
CIMG0809
Wings of a Dream being blocked on the lovely blocking board that the Chief hung up for me. It's a sheet of housewrap type insulation.

I also have some miscellaneous stuff to deal with.

1. I was supposed to make sure that everyone knew that MY MOM dyed the Wolvering roving. She will heretofore be known as Double Zero.

2. Tracy, As for the WPI thing. Any surface you can wrap your yarn around that has one inch marks for you to count between will work. A ruler, a dowel, anything, this lovely little wpi gauge was a giveaway made by Tim at Hornshaw Woodworks for the dyeing workshop I hosted. Just don't PULL the yarn, wind it loosely in a one inch space and then count how many wraps fit in that one inch. That's all you gotta do. Hope that helps.

3. I set my oven on fire during the dyeing workshop, but since it was early on, I sort of forgot by the end of the day. When you use newspaper between layers of yarn (you know to sop up any possible dye bleeding so it won't touch other yarn), make sure it isn't touching your oven heating elements. Those will burn paper. Who knew?

I think that's it for now. I'm blocking in chronological order so next up is Mystic Light. Same bat time, same bat place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!