Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What day is it anyway?

Yesterday I woke up with really burny eyes and a stuffy head. I believe its just allergies from a thaw (yes MFers! I said a THAW! Brief, but anyway thank God). I did finish spinning the silk tussah roving that I dyed a month or so ago. I'm glad its done.

I promised a photo of the mittens I designed to match the Unoriginal Hat that I made for myself. I love them. Gee it's too darn bad that the weather is not going to provide us with any mitten weather until next winter (said very loudly to give the universe an idea of what I want)



Want to see what I'm spinning next? It's hand dyed (by me) Blue Faced Leicester. The holy grail of wool spinning (at least in my eyes). I really don't want to mess it up. It's only four ounces so the plan is socks. It's not exactly what I had intended to get with the dyeing, but it still turned out absolutely beautiful. The blues and greens are right, but the red, no so much. Oh well. I have discovered that it doesn't pay to be afraid because even the mistakes are absolutely stunning.


I think I'm going to do a bit more dyeing this weekend. come back and see!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, what beautiful spinning...some day...:) thanks for the comment on my swatch...and I love your hat and mittens!

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!