Monday, January 18, 2010

So You Know How It Is

I took photo after photo of the Kilkenny and could NOT get anything decent. The flash was just showing the color variations in the yarn, but obscuring the pattern. So Annoying!!!!

I took a flashless picture this morning with the sad light that passes for full daylight around here. At least the pattern finally shows in a photo!

CIMG1739

I love, love, LOVE this yarn and pattern too. It probably would have been even prettier in a yarn that had no or less tonal variation, but it's still beautiful, soft and squishy. I'm really looking forward to being able to wear it.

I do feel a little bit sad that this fleece is going to be used up. It's silly, but it stops having potential when you finish knitting a project with it. Every step of the process narrows the potential of the fleece, and this is the very end. Boo!

Good thing sheep keep growing wool huh?

I also finished a sleeve for the B-Side and it fits! That means one more sleeve, a collar and the construction. If I can force myself to block the body today, it would be great, but I'm not holding my breath (hint: You shouldn't either).
CIMG1736

I'm making some tough decisions right now too. But, one thing I've learned from my husband (and annoyingly, I have had a lot to learn) is that I shouldn't make them out of emotion or too quickly. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. :) Good luck.

    I love your Kilkenny. Which I always read as: "Kill Kenny! Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" because I'm a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Even if the lighting sucks. THat's winterfor you.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweater! I hear you on lighting issues. It's going to rain all this week. Maybe I should work on an ark and not worry about blogging. o.0

    Good luck!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm making some tough decisions right now too. But, one thing I've learned from my husband (and annoyingly, I have had a lot to learn) is that I shouldn't make them out of emotion or too quickly. Wish me luck!"

    Knitting related or "life related"?? If it is life related, I'm in the same boat. I wish you all the luck I can muster up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!

    And thanks for your comment about my little trick. I hope you can use it for something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful knits! Take your knitting out in the snow! I find it usually brightens things up a bit in photos, unless it's a dark charcoal grey- I learned that today.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!