Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kilkenny!

I got started on the patterning yesterday for the Kilkenny Cable Shawl. I'm using Jacob lamb handspun, and the color variation is kind of hiding the pattern. Doesn't matter. It is very soft and scrumpshy (it's a word. I'm knitting this wrap with THIS handspun and that's it. Deal!

CIMG1704

I finished up some handspun too. Mystery fiber (which I am sure is mohair and some type of wool) that was given to me by a new spinner who felt her stash was too big (thanks, M). I worked on fat singles with it. Still needs to be skeined, washed, and thwacked. I do think I managed a good handle on the fat singles though. It took a bit. In fact I'll have to throw out some perfectly good yarn that is just too thin to be knit up with the rest. It's only probably about 10 yards or so though. Pics tomorrow? I never know!

Tonight is Jr. Rifle League so I'll be going north for the evening. I'm too tired to do this on Thursdays!

2 comments:

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!