Thursday, July 2, 2009

Socks - Check!

Ok I finally finished Jack Sparrow's Favorite Socks. I don't like them, but my son does.

I hate afterthought heels. The don't fit our high instep feet right. I should have knit more like 15 rows before I started the stranded part, but ya live, ya learn, ya move on to a pair of socks that you don't hate!

CIMG1397

Sooooooo, I went with Cookie's suggestion for the Harris Tweed socks and I'm glad. I hate combing my queue for a sock pattern that won't fight with a colorful yarn, and i get so bored when I'm knitting plain socks that I will pick up lace or cables and my poor socks go ignored.

Ya'll know I have an aversion to having more than one of each project type going right?

Here's the first cuff from the Harris Bitch Tweed Socks!

CIMG1398

What do you all think? I can't really decide. I mean I like them, but will I wear socks this wild? Yeah probably.

3 comments:

  1. I think they will look great with your cranky pants!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are too funny, the socks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those would be awesome under your most reserved and uptight suit.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!