Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not a photographer

My husband takes some really awesome photographs. The banner up there ^ for instance is one of his. It's just a bit north up the shore of Lake Michigan from where we live. Tomorrow, it will be three years since he asked me to marry him, and it's nearly five since our first date coming up next month. Where does the time go anyway?

He also took this


And this - plus a ton more of awesome shots


And although he has corrected my bad grilling habits, he has done nothing to correct my horrible photography skillz. I haven't either, because I'm just that lazy.

Oh well

This is the sweater I've been working on for a few weeks. It's Vivian by Ysolda Teague
I fully intend to make another later.
CIMG1431
Of course the color is wrong. See above.

I also did spin up a sample of the fleece I've been prepping recently to give myself a break from the endless red spinning.
CIMG1432

It was like butter. I am now pissed that I have to finish the red before diving into this gray. If only I were one of those people who can push a half finished project aside for a new love. Darn the fidelity anyway.

I also cast on for a new pair of socks. It's my last blank. I haven't felt like dyeing lately, but I suppose it's inevitable soon. Whether it's more blanks, or fiber, or just some new sock yarns.

the new socks are Oak Leaf Socks. I'm hoping the stripes on the blank don't interfere with the pattern too much. So far, they look ok, but I'm not really far enough down the leg for YOU to be able to see that.
CIMG1429

Oh yeah, and I have gone quite a bit past the halfway point of my Faux Russian Stole too. I guess waiting so long to post has it's perks!

3 comments:

  1. Yup, when you get back the dyeing mojo sign me up for some bitch socks. ;-) I wandered around the house saying that in my head and chuckling to myself for DAYS. The dogs and children are starting to fear me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wait until it's been 28 years and then you really will wonder where the time went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...

    Wanna see the stole!

    Now you know why I work one project at a time. If I didn't, I wouldn't get anything done.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!