Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wow I Finished Something

So it isn't really much.
CIMG1158

I'm still not allowing anything new on my needles until I finish a real project. I did finish the second sleeve on the Chief's sweater, so I'm now blocking the back, but I totally hate blocking. I mean I hate it! Unfortunately, I was too lazy to do the sleeves. Now if I HAD gotten the sleeves done, I would be able to sew it up tomorrow and then pick up the neck stitches and finish, but I didn't block the sleeves. I'm a slacker. Here's my plan

Tomorrow I will wet block the sleeves, then sew the shoulders and knit the neck while it's drying. Then all I have to do is set in the sleeves and sew up the side seams and WHOOP.

Don't I make it sound easy? Truth is, finishing takes a lot of time if you do it right, because I am kind of slow. I try to make it perfect (don't always achieve that), but really, what's the point of all that knitting time if you're going to do a crap job finishing?

Here's a pic of the back on the blocking board.
CIMG1160

Hope I have a sweater to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!