Oh people I have been soooooooooo busy with fiber lately! There is so much i just hope I can remember to tell you all of it, BUT I'm not even going to try to do it all at once.
Remember back at Beechtree Farms when I came home with two BFL fleeces back in November? Well i finished processing one! Yay me! This is what it looked like washed.
Just between you and me, I think I felted the tips a bit, or maybe it was already felted? Anyway it was a bit of a chore getting it carded. I had to run each batt through four times, including basically using the extra brush thingy to brush from the top. I know that makes no sense. Maybe I'll have to do a video or something. Because the felted tips were breaking off somewhat, I saved all the little bumpy things and I'm going to spin them into yarn all by themselves.
It started out being 3 lb. 2 oz. and I haven't weighed the finished product yet, but when I do, I'll report back.
Here's a peek at the batts:
I'm also ready to spin the next two fibers (Clun Forest and Columbia) of the fleece study and right after we record on monday, I will write up the last two: California Varietaged Mutant and Cheviot. I'm marking off the ones I love in yellow, and we're seeing a LOT of yellow!
I hope everyone had a great New Years!