Friday, January 2, 2009

Tip of the Iceberg

Oh people I have been soooooooooo busy with fiber lately! There is so much i just hope I can remember to tell you all of it, BUT I'm not even going to try to do it all at once.

Remember back at Beechtree Farms when I came home with two BFL fleeces back in November? Well i finished processing one! Yay me! This is what it looked like washed.

CIMG1098
Just between you and me, I think I felted the tips a bit, or maybe it was already felted? Anyway it was a bit of a chore getting it carded. I had to run each batt through four times, including basically using the extra brush thingy to brush from the top. I know that makes no sense. Maybe I'll have to do a video or something. Because the felted tips were breaking off somewhat, I saved all the little bumpy things and I'm going to spin them into yarn all by themselves.

It started out being 3 lb. 2 oz. and I haven't weighed the finished product yet, but when I do, I'll report back.

Here's a peek at the batts:
CIMG1099

I'm also ready to spin the next two fibers (Clun Forest and Columbia) of the fleece study and right after we record on monday, I will write up the last two: California Varietaged Mutant and Cheviot. I'm marking off the ones I love in yellow, and we're seeing a LOT of yellow!

I hope everyone had a great New Years!

2 comments:

  1. Have a splendid 2009 and show us that yarn spun up. It still amazes me what can be done with yarn and the process of getting if from the mess in the 1st photograph to yarn for knitting.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!