Friday, December 12, 2008

WTF Friday returns

I belong to our local Freecycle chapter. You can google Freecycle if you don't know what it is.

I posted a plant stand this morning. The Chief's brother sent a beautiful refinished walnut one home with him, so I replaced one that I already had. Anyway, I posted this:

Offer: Plant Stand on the Northside

This pine plant stand also has a lower shelf and is rustic style.


Fairly straightforward right? Well I got this reply:

Does it hold a plant on the top of it. I have a Christmas Catcus that needs a stand. Thanks

Ti





Ummmmmmmmmmmm WTF? What else would a plant stand do? They don't do a soft shoe or sing Christmas Carold for pete's sake. I'm giving it to someone else just because I'm not sure she is smart enough to take care of a Christmas Cactus, and believe me, it's not hard. I have a whole bunch.

Happy Friday! Oh and I forgot to get the kid to wear the ice queen for a photo, so maybe tomorrow or even tonight. Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. What is wrong with people?!

    /stunned

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me on a daily basis. WTF indeed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I have my own Freecyle story. I posted, on a rainy day, that I needed an umbrella for my little girl because she was fighting with her sister for the one we had. A woman responded she had one, so I had my husband stop in on the way home from work. She handed him an umbrella stroller. I emailed her back, saying, Thanks, but I wanted an umbrella for my 2 year old. She wrote back "I don't understand the problem, we used it till my son was 3". I sent her the Wikipedia link for 'umbrella'. She laughed eventually. But yeah, maybe this person thought it was a plant shop...like sometimes there are 'veggie stands' at the ends of farmer's driveways? That doesn't totally explain it either, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!