Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Christmas Story

The good is that we are done shopping, planning, wrapping, cooking (well except for brunch tomorrow), shoveling, salting the driveway, eating Christmas Eve feast.

The bad is that my sister from Chicago hasn't made it here yet due to weather. It won't be a mimosa Christmas brunch without her.

The Christmas Story: This is a story which is probably funnier if you know the parties involved. I will say that it is mostly concurrent with my recollection, except that I actually do remember getting the word "no" out right before my ex BIL opened the bathroom door, but unfortunately, nothing more. The word "no" was not sufficient to stop said opening of the bathroom door, and no description in the world can possibly convey the absolute hilarity of my Grandma trying to get up, then sitting back down over and over while we all just kind of gaped impossibly with nothing constructive to do. Did I mention that my family has an evil streak a mile wide? Oh, I didn't have to? Cool.

In fact, said sister called me today nd the following conversation ensued:

Sister: I have a Christmas present for you (giggling)

Me: What now on the phone?

Sister: Yes, I left it on my blog and it's just for you.

Me: oh ok I'll go there now, hang on.

Then she kept talking while I paid the minorest amount of attention I could get away with and read at the same time. When I got to the second to the last paragraph, I just busted out laughing so hard. We were both crying with laughter on the phone and sometimes roaring with it too.

Oh, the humanity.

Thanks, dear sister. I hope your drive here tomorrow is very uneventful. And I'll have the mimosas ready.


P.S. I know I owe a post about my first two fleece study fibers and never fear, it IS coming. I have just been super busy with the holiday and carding BFL and knitting and having a good time.

P.P.S. The fibers for next week are Clun Forest and Columbia.

1 comment:

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!