Friday, April 18, 2008

Sunshine, Pure Laziness and Fun

We've had sun and warm temps for a few days. Wow, I can't tell you how good it is to get outdoors in a Tshirt! I even saw capri pants today. Shame on the dumbass wearer (and yes I do know her. She's a mom at number 5's school and she IS a big dumbass) for wearing white capris in April. My mom came with me to drop of lunch for number five.

Never fear, the earthquake didn't even wake us so apparently it couldn't have been much of a shake.

I've been spinning more Suffolk. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I really have to tease it apart to spin it but it's been so worth it and it makes a really nice sock yarn. I don't think I would like a sweater made of this unless it was more like an outerwear thing, but socks are turning out beautifully.

Here is the spinning for the second batch of this wool.
CIMG0589

I was too lazy to take my Mystic Light off the needles and stretch it for a photo. Sorry! Clue number 4 is almost complete and unless the last clue is like five rows, I will definitely run out of yarn. I don't know how that happened because I had about 100 yds more than the pattern was supposed to take, but I did go up a needle size, so maybe that's why. Here it is in a big jumble. Impressive right?
CIMG0588
Well it WILL be when it's all done and blocked. The silk is really pretty and red and warm and I'm not sure what I'll do with this shawl when it's completed. There is patterned knitting on the back (which is new for me) and I struggled a bit with it at first, but then I got the hang of it and what it was doing to the pattern and now I'm fine.

I'm also working on a pair of heavy socks made of the blue handdyed Shetland. This is the second batch I dyed. Because I don't know how much yarn I have left, I wound it into one big cake, knit one sock foot on the center pull part and now I'm knitting the second sock foot from the tail on the outside. I figured I'll switch back and forth and knit a few rows of rib on each until I run out of yarn. That explanation probably didn't make sense, but basically I'm knitting a sock from either end to make sure I use up ALLLLLLL my handspun. That shit's like gold to a spinner.
CIMG0586

Late Night Yarn Party tonight! I'm going to stop and pick up caffeine on the way so I can make it until midnight! I'm also bringing the little cheesecake squares. I watched Maria Shriver on Oprah the other day and have resolved to make an effort to stop feeling like a failure if I'm not Martha Stewart. Those little cheesecake thingies are as yummy as anything I could make myself and all I have to do is plunk down my money and they're done! And i'm NOT a failure. Shutup Aholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!