Monday, October 20, 2008

Hey!

I finished the back of my first handspun sweater. Can you believe it? It looks totally boring.

I'm going to dye it when it's done, or possibly in pieces before I sew it up (of course with some yarn for seaming. I thought it might be easier to dye in pieces, but maybe no? Don't you just love how I "wing it"?

CIMG1021

About 1/4 of the way up, you can see where I changed skeins, but it's not a color change (like it sort of looks in the photo) but one skein was a bit thicker on the end that connected to the last skein, so the fabric is a bit different (run on sentence yeah whatever). I think once it's dyed and blocked out, it won't be noticeable. Fingers crossed and all that.

I also finished one Froot Loop sock. I'll take a pic of that tomorrow ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I just finished my first hand spun sweater and decided that all the color changes and inconsistent yarn thickness are all design features!

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!