Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How Codeine Saved the World (Mine at Least)

Two thing really saved me. I stopped using so much Proventil. I hadn't thought about the albuterol making me jittery, but luckily Carrie reminded me(who incidentally I really only know from her blog, but she always responds to comments and seems cool despite the threat of sending Cookie after me), AND a dose of codeine laced cough syrup leftover from the Chief's last bronchitis before bed.

I slept actually fairly well and woke up feeling like a human. I don't feel all better, and I sound like Bea Arthur's smoker grandmother, but it's actually an improvement.

Even better: I knitted today! (in addition to a few things I've been neglecting like posting orders)

Finally here is a photo of the Faux Russian Stole. I've never knit garter lace before. I like it a lot. It doesn't roll up as much. It's shown on my very high tech lace chart holder. Yep it's a crappy old cookie sheet with magnets. I use a tiny rare earth magnet to keep track of the edge row I'm on, and a strip for the wide center part. Oh yeah, I am a classy bitch.
CIMG1342

I also sewed up the armpits on the hub's sweater and a few of the ends. It is soaking for it's final block right now. I tell you if he doesn't wear it, I am stealing it. It's sort of a fakeout of Cobblestone and I spun this yarn myself, spinned? whatever. And it's really nice BFL from Beechtree Farms here in Michigan. Excuse slightly over exposed pics.
CIMG1343
Actually it looks a lot better on him than it does just lying limp, but whatever.

I was trying to get a tweed. I think it's not bad. It's really soft, so I guess that's even better.
CIMG1344

Did I show you the Xbox yarn i dyed a few weeks ago? I just noticed it matches the game boxes.
CIMG1345

I have now. Time for a nap. I'm not all the way better, but I do have to say that the threat of sending me Cookie didn't scare me. I suspect she is a buttload of fun, although laughing a lot is not good right now.

2 comments:

  1. It's true, I'm so cool. ROFL. That sweater looks nice. At least, I think it does, I'm on DH's crappy computer and his monitor is going. Sigh. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie's a good one and she knows stuff. I'm so glad you listened to her and get some rest.

    Good lookin' lace! I took notes as I went with that one. It was my only chance.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!