Friday, February 27, 2009

In a Weird Place

I finished a pair of socks this week. They are a wool/nylon/bamboo blend dyed by me. The colorway is called Royal Smile. I was trying hard to dye up something that would NOT POOL. I hate pooling. I know some people feel that there are examples of "good pooling". I don't.

Anyway, I do think I achieved the "no pool" thing. They are plain toe-up, fleegle heel, socks with a 2x2 rib for the cuff. I used a turkish cast on too. I always forget that.

CIMG1212

yay right? Also, I have my Central Park Hoodie to the point where I must block the fronts and back and sew the shoulders before I can knit the hood. Some of you may know that I block my sweaters before I sew, but I HATE it and tend to procrastinate. Needless to say, CPH has been at a standstill for a few days. It is currently soaking and will be headed down into the basement for blocking TODAY. I figured I might just as well block the sleeves as well since I'm going to be screwing around anyway. Now this time, I'm going to time how long it takes. Maybe it will only take me 3 minutes and in the future, I can console myself when I have to go down and block by reminding me that I can "bite the bullet" for 30 minutes and stop being such a baby!

I really don't know why I hate to block so much. It's weird. I'll take some photos when she's pinned out and show ya later.

Anywho, when I was nearly finished with those socks above, I realized I had nothing else on the needles to go to when they were done (since I couldn't do anything with the CPH). I started to sort through my queue. I have a good sized queue on Ravelry and I had at least three yarns I was interested in using, but I just wasn't having much luck.

Finally, I stumbled on the Bella Mitten pattern. I'm currently listening to this audiobook (Twilight) and frankly I am not impressed. I don't see any difference between teen romances and this book, aside from the fact that the hero just happens to be undead. Otherwise he is typical romance hero. She is typical romance heroine and I am bored, but I almost always finish an audiobook I've started, so there you are. But, I digress. I did decide that I like the Bella Mittens and that they would be suitable for some handspun alpaca I have been working on.

CIMG1210

The photos are only a wee bit overexposed so the cables don't show as well as they do in real life, but I still like these mittens quite a bit. One is done now, so I expect FO photos soon.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love the socks!

    There's just something about blocking, isn't there? It always makes me tired. Someone needs to come up with self-blocking yarn.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these colours. I am one of those weird ones who do love pooling and I am always disappointed when my yarn doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mittens. LOVE the socks. Totally agree with you on the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely accomplished the "no pooling" effect on your socks and they look great.

    Twilight was the next audiobook I was going to download since I know I will never read the book. Now you have me thinking twice about it. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!