Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I know I'm late

So here are the boys. Mine is the hobo. He insisted on being one even though I feel like it's kind of a cop out. Just put on a bunch of old, dirty clothes and beg for candy. It seems too easy that way, but I have let him choose his costume since he was three, so this year is no exception.

CIMG1577

And the girls - they are stick people. That's why I'm giving you the dark version.

CIMG1579

It was a fun Halloween.

Also, if you've read my blog with any regularity at all, you know I hate people. I do. In fact if I meet a new person, I've noticed that I assume they're going to be jerks until I find out otherwise. Isn't that awful? You know why though?

Have you ever noticed that a lot of people feel free to give advice or judge you when they have no right? For example, morbidly obese people (and let me tell you I have no problem with people of different weights, that is NOT the point here) giving out weight loss advice? Or someone who has never married a person with children telling you how you should handle it? Or maybe someone who lives in something akin to squalor giving you advice on how you can be a better housekeeper. . . I know it's happened to every single person who reads this blog, and I know that's way more people than comments. Do you just laugh it off? Are you ever tempted to say, "Gee thanks, Dr. Phil"? I am tempted to laugh in the face of these people, but I never do. Why can't I kindly point out that I would rather take weight loss advice from someone who appears to have some experience in weight loss? Or someone who has blended a family as a parent and understands the foibles and pitfalls therein?

I friggin hate people. They are largely fuckknuckles and asshats. And it ain't getting any better out there, folks.

4 comments:

  1. love the stick people.
    Miss Manners says to either just stare at them (with the raised eyebrow if you can manage, but I can't do it) or just say, "I'm sorry, do I know you?"
    I love Miss Manners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark dark photos. /squints

    Yes, we do hate people. Muchly. Do you need to practice your glare, sweetie? With the right glare, you'll find that people generally leave you alone and stop offering advice that they have no business offering you.

    Ironic, no? ;^)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I just found a new favorite word! Fuckknuckles -- that's just about perfect! I don't like people too much either. DH and I plan to retire to the middle of nowhere on as much land as we can afford just so that we don't have to be near people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stare with a properly timed and incredulous "Excuse me?" also works well.

    ReplyDelete

I can't figure out how to respond to comments because blogger is funkay. Thanks for leaving one anyway!